What is Sadhana ?
(The practice of Yoga)
Sadhana must be the main thing and Sadhana means
- the purification of the nature,
- the consecration of the being,
- the opening of the psychic and the inner mind and vital,
- the contact and presence of the Divine,
- the realisation of the Divine in all things,
- the widening of the consciousness into the cosmic Consciousness,
- the Self one in all,
- the psychic and the spiritual transformation of the nature.
If these things are neglected [...], then that is not Sadhana.
Letter of May 19, 1938
in SABCL, volume 24
"Letters on Yoga" Part
4 Section 2 "Transformation of the Mind"- page 1271
also in SABCL, volume 26,
"On Himself" - page 278 published by Sri
Aurobindo Ashram - Pondicherry
diffusion by SABDA